Thursday, October 11, 2012

NPR's Michel Martin - A Black Girl Nerd Role Model

NPR's Michel Martin is featured in this month's issue of Washingtonian discussing the things that made her who she is. But let's talk directly about her black girl nerd bonafides:


1. She works for NPR - nuff said.  I heart public radio so.
2. Are those a pair of cute spectacles she's holding?
3. She read the Excorcist as a child.  See my profile over to the right >>>>
    ps Michel I did not sleep for ages either
4. She has a cute natural do that makes a statement without trying too hard.
    caveat you can be a BGN with straight hair people.
5. She loves news.

I will add the disclaimer that I know Michel personally and consider her a mentor - not because I'm name dropping but just to state my bias - and because maybe I am name dropping just a little.

In addition she's an Emmy Award winning journalist and for you political junkies she was the lone black commentator holding it down for many years as a regular on a Sunday show also known as the white male version of the Miss America pageant- appearing with George Stephonopolis on ABC's this week. 

Need I say more - the sister is bad. Take. Notes. Ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment