Sunday, October 7, 2012

Game of Thrones Eats


I'm sorta into Game of Thrones - if you don't know the series you've been under a rock.  It's definitely nerd girl fare - but I feel like it's also pretty mainstream.  I saw on Twitter that R&B star Amerie is reading it : - albeit she went to Georgetown which pretty much qualifies you as a nerd girl.  I don't think they're reading it in the hood - but I could be wrong.

After reading a couple of the books I began to wonder if I was the only one who got really hungry when they described the food.  I wouldn't consider myself a foodie I just eat a lot.  But seriously every other page they're going on and on about chicken grease sliding down someone's fingers.  And the Homer Simpson voice inside my head is like mmmmm... chicken or mmmmm... Dornish hens.  You get the point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4P1WPE-Qg



Well apparently I'm not the only fat girl.  Two nerd chics have come up with a blog and now have a cook book that's all about cooking Westeros food - which I think is just probably medieval cuisine     but sounds good to me.

Check out their blog.  What a cool fan tribute: http://www.innatthecrossroads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment